Sunday, December 2, 2007

While Daddy's away...

Michael and Jeremy went on a Bonzi run to Utah for a job.

While Daddy's away...the mommies will .....CLEAN! Note: Elle walked into my bedroom, looked at the pile of clean towels at the end of my bed waiting to be folded and put away and she looked at me and said, "Keen up!"

The shower in our bathroom needed some TLC, so I got some BAM, a sponge, a toothbrush and went to work. Despite my best effort the bottom track and bottom side of the door still was kinda gross. So I did something I've never done before. I took the shower doors off the track to clean them.

Ohhh! I scrubbed...I spayed....I washed....it was a veritable frenzy of sanitation. The shower doors and track have probably not been cleaner since the day they were first installed. I was getting in such a mood I was having delightful fantasies of going to Home Depot to get some wall spackle and some paint for the kitchen and bathroom walls which have been very much abused with baby gates and superhero races. The visions were dancing in my head as I was hanging the first shower door. Ahh...that looks SOOO much better. I was really getting revved up by the time I got my hands on the second shower door.

Easy....easy...just about got it...

Something went wrong. As I stood there with a 20 pound sheet of glass in my hands the whole thing shattered and sent beads of tempered glass all over the newly cleaned shower and bathroom floor.

Oh.

Well, Michael will be surprised all right.

No comments: