Wednesday, February 13, 2008

First Haircut


Elle got her first official haircut. By official, I mean, I'm not counting the two times that her brothers made holes in her hair. She has beautiful curly blond hair, but it usually looks pretty wild these days. I've tried to put it into piggy tales, but she hates it and pulls them out, which always leaves her looking like Bozo the clown. Michael insisted on my taking her to someone who knew how to work with her type of hair. At first I took her to Supercuts. They insisted that they knew how and had plenty of experience cutting super curly hair. Michael called while I was waiting. He asked where I was...hesitation...I told him. "OH H*** NO! You get her out of there right now." I got up and excused myself while still on the phone. Today I took her to a barbershop in Vallejo where a sweet grandma was there cutting hair. She evened it out all over and got rid of that rut where her baby bald spot grew out. Her hair is quite a bit shorter now. I think it will take a bit of getting used to. At least now she wont look like such a wild child.

1 comment:

Paul and Alysa said...

Aimee- I just got a great laugh out of Elle's expression. Bless her heart with all that crazy hair.