Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First day of school

We spent Ethan's first official day of school at the beach. It was supposed to be a clean-up and then social. Ethan cleaned up the seaweed. I kept telling him that seaweed isn't garbage, but it's what he preferred to pick up. The beach wasn't actually that dirty.

Hunter and Elle couldn't resist going in the water. I kept telling them to keep their sandals on (broken glass) and to not get their clothes wet. Hunter got into the water all the way. As other kids started getting in the water too (with swimsuits on, naturally) I didn't feel quite so much anxiety about Hunter being in the water.

Ethan was a good listener, as usual and so we went home and got his swimsuit. Did I mention the beach we went to was the one right in front of the house? How convenient!

Hunter did give me more angst when we walked home for Ethan's suit and he ran back to the beach, by himself, without telling me where he was going. When he got back to the beach he told a friend of mine, "My mom doesn't know where I am."

AUGH!!! We really need to work on listening.

No comments: