Saturday, March 14, 2009

Opening Day & 1st game

I am the team mom for Hunter's baseball team this year, the Dodgers. It's Ethan and Hunter's first year to play ball. Hunter is doing T-ball and Ethan is doing FARMs which is the machine pitch.

For opening day they got to participate in the Hit-a-Thon fund raiser so after the ceremony in the morning I took them around the neighborhood in their uniforms to collect money. Most people gave $3 to $10. A few people had to say no, which I told them would happen. They said, "Thanks anyway" and we went to the next one. I'm surprised that people were so generous. Even the people who did say no did so with great regret, but they were unemployed or feeling the effects of the bad economy. Trust me... I empathise with you! Michael's friend Jeremy is coaching Hunter's team so Hunter and Denver get to play their games together. Michael has taken a particular interest in baseball and has been taking both boys out to catch, throw and bat on a regular basis. Both of their skills have increased dramatically, but I think that's true of anything that a parent gives special attention and importance to.

1 comment:

Paul and Mari said...

How fun for them to get to play! I remeber going to the many baseball games of my brothers when I was growing up!