Saturday, October 1, 2016

interviews



I've had five phone interviews so far and two in-person interviews with one more scheduled.  One phone interview request I think I initially handled poorly so they weren't interested in actually getting on the phone until I sent a follow up email apologizing for my lack of availability.  They had an initial phone screening, an in-person interview with the CEO, and a follow up phone interview with the lead scientist.  Things were looking really, really good.  They asked what I expected in an offer and they were saying that they wanted me to start the following week.  They even started calling everyone on my list of references.  Then the lines went dead and they got back to me saying that the position was filled.  Well, that turned around unexpectedly.  Hmmm..

The second was an analytical lab who said they would call me back this week if they want me to come in.  I got an e-mail saying they were pursuing other candidates. 

The third was from a headhunter trying to fill a generic position at a much lower compensation rate than I should expect with my degree.  So that's not going anywhere. 

The fourth is a contract firm that helps smaller food manufacturers expand, grow, plan and build.  They're looking for a Food Process Engineering Associate.  I've had a phone interview.  He requested an in person meeting and he wants a follow up phone interview this Tuesday followed by another in-person interview with the partner.  He has full disclosure, and is interested but hesitant.  He said that he was going to give me an offer.  But we have yet to see.

The fifth is a recruiter who wants to meet in person next week.  Lots of call backs.  Not so many follow throu

No comments: