Friday, April 28, 2006

Recycling at Tiny Tots

At Ethan's preschool the children have a regular snack time. Yesterday as Ethan's teacher had emptied the juice container and was in the process of putting it in the garbage he approached her VERY upset that she would put something recyclable in the garbage. He was nearly in tears. When I came to pick him up she came up to me and said, "You must recycle at home." She went on to explain what happened and I told her that he had started his own little recycling business in our neighborhood and that's why he wanted the bottle so badly. I gave her one of his fliers. They were SO tickled to hear of his success and gave him another water bottle to recycle. I related the story to Ethan's grandma.

Business owners who belong to the Vallejo Chamber of Commerce mixer have invited Ethan to come and speak at their monthly mixer. More specifically the invitation came from Rich Geist, Director of Public Relations and Sponsorship and his assistant Connie Howard, head of Community Promotion. He is being presented to the community as the youngest entrepreneur/Capitalist that they know. Ethan's very enthusiastic Grandma, who is a member of the Vallejo Chamber of Commerce, was bragging the above story which inspired the invitation. He is scheduled to speak on the 22nd in June (Thursday) at the Solano County fairgrounds from 5:30 to 7:30pm. I'd like to formally invite any of the Free Capitalists (Rick, Michelle, Gabe, Les, etc....) who have the inclination to attend. I thought it only appropriate for one of you to be there as one of the first members of this great Stripling Capitalist Revolution is formally recognized as a contributing member of the community.

As his official speech writer, I'm still formulating his speech in my head, but I'd like to include the thirteen principles, something about "Earth Camp" (that will play into his recycling quite well), a plug for the Free Capitalist project and still have it be short and sweet. I'll post his speech here before he gives it to get some feedback before the big day. Just wanted to give everybody a heads up.

No comments: