Monday, February 2, 2009

Exercise in Cuteness

This teeter toter was bought 30 some odd years ago in Hersey Park. It was in a window display and not even for sale. My mother (and you really have to know Claudia to appreciate this one) marched in the store and told them she wanted to buy it.
"It's not for sale"
"Everything's for sale. How much?"

From the picture you know how that story played out. I believe it was on that same trip that I went on my first loop-de-loop roller coaster after my father promised to buy me anything I wanted. I went home with a stuffed bear bigger than I was. I'm suprised my parents haven't referred to that time as, "The Year of a Million Indulgences". It's funny how time changes your perspective.

Well, now that I have gotten completely off topic...isn't this a cute picture?

I seem to be on a roll so just as a another completely random side note I cannot for the life of me correctly spell exercise. It's always excersize which the spell checker can't do anything with. Whatever. Rant off.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

haha, that does sound like Claudia!! love it! that picture is adorable, too - they're growing up SO FAST! :)

Claudia Claverie said...

My motto was then and still is," everything is for sale, you just have to establish the price." Unfortunately I just don't have any money to back it up at the moment. This reminds me of a story that Daddy used to tell. It has two versions.

My Dear,” said the gentleman to the lady, “would you go to bed with me for a million dollars?”
“Well, yes, I suppose I would,” she replied.
“Here’s $100. Let’s go then.”
“How dare you! What kind of person do you think I am?”
“My Dear, we have already established that. Now we are merely haggling over the price!”
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It is said that everyone has their price. In the joke, a rich old man keeps asking a young lady how much to go to bed with him. At $1 million, she says yes; he starts to lower the price and she retorts "What do you think I am" and he follows with .... We've established what you are; now we're just haggling over the price