Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Suberbs go Pastoral

Our little city has a very green approach to land maintenance. They've hired a farmer and his herd of goats to eat down all the long grasses and brush.

I was headed up the hill when I was stopped by a very unofficial looking farmer man out in the middle of the street. I couldn't understand why he was stopping traffic and then all of a sudden HUNDREDS of goats came running down the street. I got my camera out as quickly as I could.

Having goats run down the street and around the neighborhood gives our town a very pastoral feel to it.

1 comment:

The Familyologist said...

The name of the fast-growing business is "Goats-R-Us" and they rent their goats out for this reason the way U-Haul rents trucks. They have many 'goatherds' for the individual projects who stay in travel trailers and mind the equipment- aka, the goats.

http://www.goatsrus.com/