Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Girls night out ....SURPRISE!

My friend Denee wanted to have a girls night out before the babies came. She's already had two false labors, so we weren't sure if she was going to make it. It was me, Denee and Mindi. We all went to Applebee's for dinner. Before too long Mindi was getting regular phone calls from her family who, it seemed, couldn't function without her.

We started at 5:30 and headed back into town by 7:30. I was disappointed that we were ending so early, but grateful that we could at least get out. When we got back to Mindi's house we were going to go in and see her new bathroom, but when we pulled up my mom's car was in front of the house.

What's my MOM doing here?

So we went inside and mom was sitting on the couch playing with Emma. "What are you babysitting or something?"

"Ya, something like that"

I looked over and there were gifts on the table...I looked closer and saw that my name was on them. Then it dawned on me...they're throwing me a surprise shower! More and more people started arriving...I wonder what I would have thought if I hadn't seen the gifts on the table, or when I would have realized.

I had just given Denee and Jenny (both pregnant with girls) about 9 big bags full of all of Elle's old clothes. My closets were bursting and I just didn't have the room. So, Denee made it an essentials only shower, because she knew I basically had everything for a boy. I got lots of diapers, wash and lotion, some sippy-cups a calender to remember firsts, hooded towels....lots of stuff. There were a few new outfits, but for the most part it was all stuff I would have had to buy myself anyway.

We were at Mindi's house, ALL the girls, until 10:30 just talking and laughing and sharing birth and baby stories. It was GREAT!!!

I have such good friends!

No comments: