Monday, July 28, 2008

Welcome to the Family!

So, just as a matter of record...I have the BEST BABY EVER! Garrett sleeps soundly from about 10pm till 7am. On top of my Angel Baby we figured out that if Michael sleeps with an extra pillow under his arm his unnatural, unholy, gosh awful bring-down-the-house snoring has been all but eliminated. (The neighbors are sending us gift baskets and thank-you cards). I'm sleeping SO well now!

Garrett likes to be close to me so his favorite place to be is in the front pack. I've discovered that the true purpose of cleavage is to provide babies a air channel for breathing while simultaneously being as close as possible to mom.

We're still not sure what color his hair is going to be. Sometimes it looks brown, sometimes blond and sometimes red. Only time will tell.

He's a very sleepy, snuggly baby. Brothers and sister think he's too cute to leave alone so as I'm feeling more energy and getting around I'll put the baby down for a nap and somebody will go pet him, poke him, "snuggle" him and inevitably wake him up...so the put the baby to sleep process starts all over and very little is getting done.

Elle is having moments of insecurity realizing she has been permanently displaced as the baby. I'm taking Dr. Laura's advice on the matter and making her help and input an important part of our day. She helps me do the chores and we've started potty training with pretty princess panties because she's a big girl now.

Mikey is in town on his way to Idaho. He's making the trip from LA in three parts.... all on a motorcycle. NUTS! He's spending a week with us. The kids are thrilled to play with him.

No comments: