Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Helping Momma nest

Yesterday the wall in the kitchen finally got to me. I pulled everything away from that one wall in preparation to paint it. The children were very excited at the prospect of PAINT. I told them to get dressed in things they didn't care about. So at the beginning of this week's heat wave, both boys put on long pants and long sleeve shirts. Brilliant.

They helped first by washing the walls with me. I told them to scrub hard and it didn't matter if the paint came off. The enthusiasm waned quickly.

I taped and then for the rest of the morning I primed the wall. I couldn't find a roller so I did the whole thing with a paint brush. I didn't care...at least it was getting done!

In the meantime, my friend Denee who is due the 10th had her baby yesterday at about 4:30 pm. A baby girl, Jenna (officially Genniveve) , weighing 6 pounds 9 ounces. Our husbands are best friends and we are constantly hanging out together. Our boys and their boys are about the same age. When we got pregnant at the same time people must have thought we planned it that way. What is completely hilarious is that our due dates were a day apart. In any case we were belly buddies.

So this morning at about 1 am I woke up thinking, "It feels like 5...I should get up and paint before the kids get up so it'll be dry" I looked at the clock and was completely surprised how off I was.

4 am rolled around and I was even more full of energy. I decided to get up and just get it over with. Michael got up shortly after and provided me with a roller, which helped considerably. Ethan was up shortly thereafter, so I had him help me paint in his pajamas. We got finished up at about 5:30 am.

It's nice to suddenly have energy. It feels kind of like a crazy squirrel energy: bright eyed, bushy tailed....twitchy, and perhaps not thinking quite clearly. Michael has been very patient through all of this. He didn't even tell me to go back to bed, which I appreciated. He probably figured it would be a waste of breath.

The walls look SOOOO much better. That one dirty spot right above the garbage can is gone. Good riddance!

Today is my due date. I don't go into labor on my own usually. Maybe I should go do some aerobics, or take the kids for a walk to Vegas (kidding!) SOMETHING!!!

Michael's father's name is Dale. My Grandma's middle name is Dale. Their birthday's are both July 9th. This baby is going to have the middle name of Dale for both of them. It would be SO cool if he shared their birthday too.

No comments: