Sunday, October 26, 2008

Primary Program

We went to the Church for the final Primary practice on Friday. It started at 2:15, but we didn't get there until 3pm. The kids were running around everywhere at the tail end of their Pizza party and Debbie (Primary President), usually very calm, looked like she'd had one too many kids ignore what they were supposed to be doing. We finally got some order and ran through the program.

Elle had a part singing "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" with the other Nursery children. It was super cute! It's taboo to take pictures during sacrament meeting, so I was fortunate to get these during the practice.



The children all got up and said something about themselves. Hunter said, "I'm a good clown." Ethan said, "I'm a good artist." But most importantly (then all the children said together), "I am a child of God".

Despite the wiggles during the practice, the whole thing came together beautifully. It's always been my opinion that whatever Debbie is called to is done TOP NOTCH.

After the Primary program we had a Party in the Primary room with fruit, banana bread, veggies and dip. Then we had the kids watch The Testaments which showed what was happening on both sides of the world (Jerusalem & Americas) during Christ's ministry, death and Resurrection. It was especially wonderful for the kids to see how Christ visited his "other sheep" in the new world. I know it made a deep impression of my boys.

With the Primary Program over everybody in the Primary Presidency can finally take a deep breath. Phew!

No comments: