Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Egyptian history

We are doing a unit study in Egyptian history. Ethan's interest got perked when he decided he wanted to be a Mummy for Halloween. I gotta run with what interests him! He found a very fun book at the library with lots of pockets, pictures and internal activities. I found a few other books on Egyptian history with really great pictures and checked them out. Today we finished up a project that we started a few days ago making an Egyptian King's burial mask modeled after the one belonging to King Tut. He's been begging me to work with the clay again. He had so much fun making his Greek cup last year. I made one too just because it makes more sense to lead by example than to throw orders around. Elle found mine irresistible and next thing I knew it was all broken up into pieces. Our next project is going to be making paper and then drawing Egyptian hieroglyphs.

No comments: