Saturday, January 10, 2009

In Garrett's Best Interest

I went off the Simeons protocol last night. Not because it wasn't working. It was working beautifully. What I didn't take into consideration was that Garrett would be on a diet too. I was still producing milk, but not enough. Garrett started out by being fussy. At first we thought it was because he was teething. Yesterday he was lethargic with few wet diapers and only one barely soiled one. For his sake I started eating normally again last night at about nine. I processed the food and made more milk which he ate throughout the night. His diaper was filled to capacity this morning. Seeing him bright eyed and his normally happy self I know I made the right choice. I feel really bad that I didn't realize he wasn't getting enough earlier. I'm disappointed that it didn't work for both of us. Loosing an average of a pound and a half a day was fantastic! In the meantime I suppose I'll start a workout program and try again when I'm not Garrett's main source of food.

1 comment:

Paul and Mari said...

Good attempt. Give it a few months and you can try again. :)